Made this for my husband’s birthday and pretty much followed the recipe exactly. This. Is. Incredible. It’s really delicious slightly frozen. If you make them as individual servings in cup cake tins, keep them in the freezer then let thaw for about 10 minutes. YUM!
Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Dream Dessert
(Copy pasted from http://www.seededatthetable.com/2014/05/15/chocolate-oreo-peanut-butter-dream-dessert/)
- 1 package (14.3 oz.) regular Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 large (5.9 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
1. Lightly grease a 13- by 9- inch pan with nonstick spray. Crush Oreos in a blender then transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in the melted butter and toss to coat. Evenly press into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth. I use my stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, but you can also use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Fold in half of the Cool Whip, then spread over the Oreo crust.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix into the 2 cups of milk. Let stand for 2 minutes to thicken, then evenly spread over the peanut butter cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over top then sprinkle with the chopped Butterfinger candy bars. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.