I realize that I originally set out to have a “healthified” food blog, and I’ve been posting nothing but different variations of bread, sugar, and cheese. Sorry! While I’ve been working on using up all the rest of the food we have in our fridge and pantry before we head off on our road trip to Alabama, this dish was quite the delicious surprise.
Clean-out-the-Pantry Bread Bake
What I grabbed out of the pantry:
- 1/3 a loaf of sliced white bread
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 small package of Mexican cheese
- 1 can of roast beef
- 1/4 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/3 of a leftover chicken sausage, chopped
- Squirt of Sriracha
- Spices: garlic powder, Lawry’s seasoning salt, pepper, tumeric, Italian seasoning, cayenne, chili powder
- Spray a glass pan with non-stick spray (I used butter flavored).
- Rip up the bread into small pieces and throw in the pan.
- Melt butter and pour on top of bread.
- Mix in the chopped onions, garlic, cheese, and roast beef (you probably don’t need the leftover mashed potatoes and sausage but hey, feel free to get creative with whatever leftovers you have!).
- Blend the eggs, Sriracha, and seasonings together then pour over the bread mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. The top will get nice and crispy.