Only 1 more week to go! We’ve all started dreaming of the places we’ll eat once this cleanse is over, but honestly, a lot of the places I would have wanted to eat at pre-cleanse do not sound as appealing anymore. It feels so much better to be eating real, whole foods, and I’d hate to go back to those awful “sugar hangovers” after overindulging on sweets (and let’s face it, once I get a little dessert, it’s all down hill from there…the sugar monster awakens and there’s no stopping his fury!!). Good thing fruits are starting to be all the sweet I need! Besides my sweet Mr. of course 😛
Breakfast: Island Oats
A new oatmeal combo! We prepared the oats in the usual fashion – stove top slow cooked oats with a little bit of Kerrygold butter on top. Once I mixed that in, I added about 3/4 of a banana sliced up, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and cinnamon. Stirred it all up then sprinkled some unsweetened shaved coconut on top.
Tropical goodness! Next time, I’d try cooking in about half the banana with the oats so they can soak up the sweetness, then slice the other half of the banana to mix in.
Pre-work out snack: Tea-less Chai Smoothie
This was a delightful surprise! The Mr. was skeptical but I turned him into a believer with one sip.
I blended 8 ounces of homemade carrot juice, 1/2 scoop of Vanilla Raw Meal, and some cinnamon in my mini blender. It seriously tasted like chai tea with a subtle aftertaste of sweet carrot. We’ll definitely be making this one again!
Lunch: Leftover Vegetable and Millet Soup over Mixed Greens, Cucumber slices with hummus
We had plenty of soup left over from last night – perfect for a Sunday afternoon lunch.
His and hers. The Mr. ate his soup over a baked potato and I had mine on top of mixed greens. I also added in some sauerkraut juice (maybe a little too much…) and it added an extra kick of flavor. Finished lunch off with some cucumber slices and hummus as a little “treat”.
Snack: More kind bars!
Back to Earth Fare. These kind bars are so good and they are only $1 right now! We’ll be making another trip soon.
Dinner: Ginger Spiced Sweet Potato and Kale
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small chunk of ginger, sliced thin
- 1.5 cups of kale
- Bragg’s apple cider vinegar and liquid aminos
- Spices: Garlic salt, cayenne, cinnamon
- Heat up your olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and stir to coat.
- Add the onion and continue stirring.
- Season with spices, add the garlic and ginger.
- Add a little apple cider vinegar to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring.
- Once the sweet potatoes start to get a little soft, add the kale and a little of the liquid aminos to taste.
- Continue stirring and adding cider vinegar as needed if too much is sticking to the bottom of the pan.
You can remove the ginger at the end if it’s too strong for your taste, but I kept mine in there. Ginger, spice, and everything nice.