Just 2 more days to go! Hope y’all are staying warm out there. I saw some flurries earlier but I’ve been hanging out inside for most of the day. Please pray for my sweet husband! He starts night shift tonight and hopefully things go smoothly and we don’t end up with a random snowpocalypse of sorts.
Breakfast: Carrot Cake Oats V 2.0
Here’s a new spin on my carrot cake oats!
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 16 oz fresh carrot juice
- 16 oz brewed chai tea
- Lots of cinnamon
- 1 large chunk of peeled ginger
- Splash of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- Pour the carrot juice into a pot over medium heat and add the oats, cinnamon, and ginger. While those come to a boil, brew your chai tea.
- When the tea is done, add it to the rest of the oats. I kept my tea strainer in while the whole thing boiled for about 5 more minutes.
- Stir occasionally until oats have plumped up. Finish off with a splash of cider vinegar.
This makes 4 servings. I garnished mine with a little Kerrygold butter, some unsweetened almond milk, more cinnamon, walnuts, and unsweetened coconut shavings. A little maple syrup in there rounds it out if you don’t mind a little extra sugar.
Lunch: Pumpkin Spiced Protein Shake
After the gym, the Mr. was sweet enough to make me a post-work out shake while I got ready to take a work call. He mixed up some unsweetened almond milk, half a frozen banana, 1 scoop of vanilla Raw Meal, and 1 scoop of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Greens. So refreshing!
Dinner: Baked Squash Bowl
Now you can do this with any sort of round squash you want. I actually don’t know what kind I grabbed, but it was an organic winter squash from Earth Fare. I sliced it in half, scooped out the seeds, rubbed it with a little coconut oil, and then popped it in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then, I took the half that I wanted for my bowl, filled it with some left over split pea and carrot soup and popped it back in the toaster oven at 350 for 10 – 15 more minutes until the soup was warm.
And I ate the WHOLE bowl!