Confession: I’ve been awake for probably around 38 hours by now (long story) and I’ve definitely developed a new appreciation for my sweet husband who’s been working night shift. So here I am, instead of going to sleep, I’m posting recipes. Sleep deprived brain is rather illogical. Maybe it’s all the coffee I ended up drinking today still lingering in my system…Whatever the reasoning, we’re talking CHOCOLATE, so two words: Worth. It.
Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1.5 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened hemp milk (more if mixture will not blend smoothly)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sweetener to taste (I used a blend of erythritol and liquid stevia)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Blend avocado, banana, and hemp milk in a small food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sweetener to taste. Add more hemp milk as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour into your ice cream maker until desired texture is reached.
This only took about 15 minutes and it was ready to go! The texture was wonderfully creamy and while the first bite might surprise you, the subsequent bites will prove infinitely more enjoyable as your pallet adapts. Topped mine off with walnuts and coconut. Yes, I understand that this is an unreasonably small portion. Alas, it was only for show.
I put the leftovers in the freezer and wanted to get creative the next day. AFFOGATO to the rescue! Just pour freshly brewed coffee (espresso is better) over your ice cream and BOOM! Your day just got better.
My work here is complete. Yes, NOW I will go to sleep.